2011 is coming to an end and it has been a great year not only for myself, but for Transitioning Veteran.com. Creating this website years ago started as an idea, but an idea I soon realized needed to come to life to help others in the military community. From there I learned about Facebook and how one can create a simple page to promote their website and most importantly get the word out for free to millions around the world.
Thanks to my loyal supporters I have achieved so much in 2011. With the enormous help of everyone spreading the word, I have connected with Veterans stationed home and overseas. Below is some of those achievements, Thanks to all who support and follow Transitioning Veteran Facebook.
– Transitioning Veteran Facebook has hit 2,795 fans and counting
– Transitioning Veteran Blog had over 4,000 visitors for 2011
– I receive Weekly emails from Veterans (Iraq and Afghanistan as well) looking for help transitioning and info on benefits
– Support and emails from other companies and organizations such as Kind snack bars, Call of Duty Endowment, Discovery Channel, Extreme Home Makeover to name a few big ones. Lets not forget emails from students from Columbia University, New York University (conducting research and helping support veterans in many ways), producers from Independent Films such as “Severe Clear”, “Striking a Chord”, “No Wine Left Behind”, and of course the many emails from Veterans past and present emailing me with kind words. This is just a brief description of the emails and connections I have and continue to make because of your support.
– Voted #1 Best Military Blog http://www.militarytuitionassistance.net/best-veterans-blogs
– Been invited and have presented Transitioning Veteran.com to N.Y. Senator Lee Zeldin and the John P. Jennings Veterans Advisory Panel, which I am now a member of and honored to be a part of. Again, this was a huge surprise phone call to receive in October, Thanks again to my supporters who believe in what I am doing.
– Transitioning Veteran Wiki continues to grow with links to very useful websites to help us Veterans grow and evolve as we transition from military to civilian life, again Thanks to supporters sharing resources with me.
– The Soldiers Project monthly newspaper wrote an incredible and very thoughtful piece on volunteer work I had created for them which was The Soldiers Project Facebook page. That article is here and I will mention to please support this great organization. http://www.thesoldiersproject.org/?LinkServID=85BB35CF-3048-94E3-DED838B728EBDAB0&showMeta=0
– And a personal achievement was earning my Master’s Degree in School Counseling this past May, big THANKS to all who work hard, who created and who advocated for the GI Bill and Post 9/11 GI Bill.
I have a lot to be Thankful for in 2011, most importantly I’m very Thankful for all of you supporting me. Though most importantly Thank you for supporting Transitioning Veteran.com and helping me to get the word out to our veterans who need the help and support.
Thank you all so much and HAPPY NEW YEAR.