Post 9/11 GI BILL

From Transitioning Veteran
Jump to: navigation, search

Steps I took when applying for the Post 9/11 GI BILL

- Apply at least a couple of months before you know you will begin school, processing claims can take some time.

- Just like the last GI BILL, get in touch with the VA REP at the school you plan to attend.

Check out these links to help you figure out what you will be eligible for

This shows 2009-2010 Maximum In-State Tuition & Fees

This shows you how to calculate what you may be awarded.

Here is the BAH Calculator to figure out what you will receive for your monthly B.A.H award, given to you based on an E-5 with dependents pay scale - (stated on the VA website

I used those links above to get somewhat of an idea of how much I possibly will be awarded. -STEVE

Post 9/11 GI BILL sites

Veterans Affairs GI BILL

Post 9/11 GI BILL form - fill this out to see if and what your eligible for

Yellow Ribbon Program

List of Schools participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program

IAVA - Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (Post 9/11 GI BILL site)

Transfer Post 9/11 GI Bill to Dependent

How to apply for Transfer Eligibility Benefits (TEB)

First you must go to the DoD transferability application website to determine if your dependents are eligible to receive the transferred benefits. This website is only available to military members.

This is located at the bottom of the Veterans Affairs site listed below

Post 9/11 GI Bill - Veterans Affairs

Dept of Defense

Personal tools